Tourist who intend to visit Nepal must hold valid passport or any travel document equivalent to passport issued by the government for visiting a foreign country prior to apply for visa. All the visitors can obtain Nepal visa upon arrival at Kathmandu airport, or at the border immigration offices (if you are entering from surface).
1. Nepal Visa can be obtained from Nepal Embassy / Consulate Offices in your country, or upon arrival at Kathmandu airport. It is also possible to obtain the visa from other point of entries (at border). You’ll need 2 pp size photo. Visa can be obtained get from following immigration offices in Nepal: * Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu * Kakarvitta, Jhapa (Eastern Nepal) * Birganj, Parsa (Central Nepal) * Kodari, Sindhupalchowk (Northern Border * Belhiya, Bhairahawa (Rupandehi, Western Nepal) * Jamuna, Nepalgunj (Banke, Mid Western Nepal) * Mohana, Dhangadhi (Kailali, Far Western Nepal) * Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar (Kanchanpur, Far Western Nepal) Download the Nepal Visa Application form. Fill-in the details and bring with you on arrival at Kathmandu airport. This will save your time. – Nepal Visa Form You will require Adobe Acrobat Reader to open the visa form.
B. Chinese citizen
Chinese citizen are requested to apply in Nepalese Embassy or other Nepalese diplomatic missions as there is no provision on arrival at the entry points.
C. Visa Fee:
- US$ 25 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 15 days.
- US$ 40 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days.
- US$ 100 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 100 days.
- Regardless of the provision stated 1 and 2, tourists with passport from South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) nations are not required to pay visa for for 30 days.
- Indian nationals do not require visa to enter into Nepal.
D. Visa extension and renew:
- US$ 2 or equivalent Nepalese currency per day for extension.
- Additional US$ 20 or equivalent Nepalese currency on visa fee as per 2(b),if Multiple Entry facility is required for the extended period.
- If foreign visitors who have not renewed their visa & want to renew their visa , they have to pay additional Nepalese currency equivalent to US$ 3 on the regular visa extension fee.
- Foreign visitors who have overstayed their visa period of 150 days without extension are required to pay visa fee as per provision in 2(c) and finet as per Clause 10 sun-clause 4 of immigration Act 2049.
- Regardless of provision stated in 2(a), 15 days is counted as minimum extension period visa fee is charged accordingly. For extension period more than 15 days. visa fee is charged as per the provision of 2(a).
- Tourist visa can be extended for a maximum period of 150 days in a single visa year (January – December).
Transit visa for one day can be obtained from Nepal’s immigration offices at the entry points upon the production of departure flight ticket via Tribhuvan International Airport in Nepal, by paying US $ 5 or equivalent convertible currency. For foreign investors business visa with multiple entry facility for a period of one year and five years can be obtained from the Department of Immigration on the recommendation of Department of Industry and Commerce by paying US $ 100 and US $ 250 or equivalent convertible foreign or Nepali currency.